Sunday, May 11, 2008

Quick pork chops

I am always thinking up dinner at the last minute. Not always a good thing for someone who is so limited in ingredient options! But I discovered a new friend in my vacuum sealer. I use the mason jar attachment.

1# pork cutlets
1/2 C tamari-wheat free
3 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1# mushrooms, sliced
3 tbsp olive oil

Place pork cutlets in a large mason jar. Pour tamari, vinegar, and honey over the top. Seal with the vacuum sealer according to manufacturer's directions. Shake jar well and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
Slice mushrooms and saute in large skillet with oil. When mushrooms have begun to wilt, push to the sides and place pork and marinade in pan. Add additional oil if necessary. I cook on high 3 minutes per side and then reduce heat. Cook until chops reach a temperature of 155-160F, or are a pale pink inside. Serve with mushrooms and pan drippings spooned over the top.

No comments: