Sunday, April 13, 2008

Meatloaf

I have those weird kids that love meatloaf. It's like saying we're having a special dinner. Oh well. It is a great way to get them to eat vegetables. Yeah really! And I don't have to lie to them about it either. They help me make it and know exactly what goes in here!

1# ground meat (beef, pork, chicken or turkey all work great)
3-4 leaves of kale, stripped from large vein
2 peeled carrots
1/2 medium yellow onion
1/3 C flax meal
2 tsp parsley
2 tsp Spike
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Place kale, carrots, and onion in food processor. Run until veggies are finely chopped. Mix this in with all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly. Transfer to a greased loaf pan and bake in a preheated 375F oven for 45 minutes. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer (this will vary with the meat you use, obviously). Let rest in pan for 5 minutes before serving.

2 comments:

Shady Lady said...

I need to try this. DH used to love my meatloaf (before all the healthy changes I made it with Stove Top Stuffing mix) but has been less enthused recently. Thanks!

Quincy said...

fantastic blog, I'm so excited to add this to my list. You rock!